Multi-site Church Planting
These examples illustrate the direction our world is going--our institutions are growing larger and smaller simultaneously, blending the strength and influence that comes with size and the comfort and convenience of smaller, closer venues.
- The multi-site church is a response that seeks to reach today's generation. A Growing Phenomenon
- 1990 - less than 10 multi-site churches
- 2000 - less than 100 multi-site churches
- 2004 - 1,500 multi-site churches
- Where do they meet?
- Among ALL CHURCHES
- Eighty six percent have their own facility
- Fourteen percent rent space in schools or other facilities
- Among Multi-site churches (Most do not have their own campuses)
- Forty-five percent in schools
- Thirteen percent in movie theaters
- Ten percent in YMCA or community center
- Ten percent in industrial parks
- Ten percent former church buildings
- Seven percent restaurants or sports bars
Download presentation to read about the two major models and nine more specific models of multi-site churches and about specific churches.