Honoring Military Service Members and Chaplains
With troops returning from active duty, your church has an excellent opportunity to honor all of those who serve or have served in the military—including Southern Baptist chaplains who provide spiritual support for soldiers and serve as an extension of the church among the armed forces.
Consider using holidays such as Memorial Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day to honor returning members of the military, veterans and chaplains.
Here are a few ideas:
- Patriotic order of service
- Patriotic hymns
- Sermon recognizing sacrificial service
- Guest sermon by chaplain
- Testimony from chaplain
- Testimony from returning service member
- Testimony from veteran
- Video: War Stories (see right column)
- Chaplaincy Prayer Cards (see below)
- Commissioning service for chaplains
- (A NAMB commissioning service resource kit is being developed, for release this summer.)