Most churches in decline resist the necessary changes needed to regain gospel influence for God’s glory and the good of the community. What happens when an 81 year old man hears about a plan to bring life and vitality back to the church he has loved and served for years?
He tears off a piece of paper and writes “I’m All In” and slides it across the table to the leader who is describing what God could do through Legacy Church Planting. This is the story of First Baptist Church Affton
A Church ready for Replanting:
- Humbly acknowledges it needs to make drastic changes
- Accepts outside leadership
- Suspends its bylaws and decision making processes
- Accepts that the church’s name may change, its ministry strategy and approach to the community must change and willingly embraces a new philosophy and direction.
- Relinquishes assets including finances and property to a Sending Church or Denominational entity.
- Engages in prayer and faithful pursuit of God’s plan for a new Replanted Church.
Watch this video and learn more about FBC Affton’s story and pray for them as they begin the Replanting process.
Does your church need help? The North American Mission Board can help.
Published September 24, 2015