What would you do differently in your Replant/Revitalization if you could have a “do over?”
- I wouldn’t assume that God loves my church plant more than a 158 year old church that is struggling to survive.
- I wouldn’t speak negatively about men that follow God’s call to pastor dying churches.
- I would listen more and speak less
- I would press thru uncomfortableness and learn how to visit the sick & shut-ins regularly
- I would view the first 5 years as chapter 1
- I wouldn’t fight against God’s desire to use the replant in my personal sanctification
- I would be more proactive in finding other brothers replanting for encouragement and sharpening
- I would not rush the process of identifying elders
- I would be more patient in teaching members of the existing church about why membership matters
- I would be more collaborative in my leadership
Published December 15, 2016