Flourish launches a new blog category all about our latest fav’s. We look forward to sharing on a monthly basis what we are reading, eating, cooking, hearing, or doing. You will see links to items that catch our attention as being helpful, fun, delicious, moving, resourceful, or just plain cute. Stay tuned for more Flourish Faves!
- 7 Crippling Parenting Behaviors That Keep Children From Growing Into Leaders from Forbes magazine. This material actually originated from leadership expert Dr. Tim Elmore. His list reveals that many parents are failing their children today — coddling and crippling them — and keeping them from becoming leaders.
- Another great resource for parents is wonderful video from Gospel Coalition on How the Bible Points to Jesus. Very nicely done.
- Then there is Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeno Dip. (Lifeway’s Chris Adams actually introduced me to Chuys.) I don’t even like Ranch dressing and I LOVED it. Who doesn’t love a great knock off recipe? Give it a try.
- Try my favorite workout app Nike Training Club. Seriously it’s the best workout app I have. It’s free, you can add music from your own playlist, videos demonstrate moves and it provides wide variety of work levels. After the Chuy’s dip you will be due a workout.
- Since we just celebrated Mother’s Day, an adorably cute baby video is a MUST. Check out this one: Adorable Twin Baby Girls Dance Ecstatically When Their Mom Starts Singing. Moms, seriously do NOT lose sight of the fact when you laugh, play, and dance your kids LOVE your joy. It’s contagious.
- What I’m listening to:
What are some of your favorite reads, videos, and recipes from this month?
Published May 21, 2015