The Flourish blog exists to serve and support you as you minister to your church, family, and community. We are continually evaluating and looking for better ways to bring you content that encourages, emboldens, and equips you for the mission ahead. As we seek to do this with excellence, we’d love to hear from you. Here are two ways you can get more involved and help us serve you better.
1. Provide feedback
What do you love about the Flourish blog? What would you love to see more of? What are we not providing, that would be helpful to you?
Consider leaving a comment below to let us know your thoughts and ideas. You can also email us.
2. Submit a blog post
We are currently looking to expand our editorial calendar to include guest post submissions. We’re looking for engaging, relevant blog posts to serve the greater Flourish community.
Ideal Flourish content
- Should have the primary tone of “I get you because I am you.” Posts should not be mainly instructive and/or devotional in nature. Instructive and devotional aspects can be elements of the post, but should not become the main thrust of the thoughts conveyed.
- Should be written in view of the reality that most ministry wives feel isolated, alone and often battle discouragement and feelings of defeat. We want our readers to leave encouraged that they are not alone, reminded that God is near and moving and emboldened to live out their God-given tasks in their little corner of the church-building movement.
- Should be written under the assumption that the reader desires change and is willing to act. We treat our readers as leaders, fully-engaged partners in gospel ministry, thinkers, doers and influencers.
- Should include a specific take-away, written with a fresh and unique twist. We work hard to arm women through creative posts which have an understanding of the diverse contexts of our audience while also demonstrating disarming honesty. We hope to challenge and provoke our audience to think and to act.
- Should remember that ladies are busy. Posts should be crafted toward drawing the reader in. We strive to make our post as “scannable” as possible, giving the reader a chance to see within 10 seconds whether or not this post relates to their situation. We value depth with brevity, concise personal stories and an easy way to view the bottom line of the post.
- 600-1000 words
- Original, not previously published content
- Posts submitted should not be used on other blogs (including your personal blog) without previous permission from Flourish NAMB.
If you are interested in writing for Flourish, please read the full details and submission guidelines here.
Published May 8, 2017