Our Board of Trustees are all Southern Baptists, and most are pastors. New NAMB trustees are approved each year by SBC messengers to provide overall oversight and accountability:
- NAMB trustees have approved and regularly review our financial policies which ensure proper management of NAMB resources and provide opportunities for any NAMB team member to report mismanagement to the Board of Trustees.
- NAMB has an independent, internal auditor who reports only to our Board of Trustees and not to NAMB staff. This has been the case since 2006.
- An independent, outside firm conducts an audit of NAMB each year.
- We report annually to the SBC Executive Committee (SBCEC) and answer questions from SBCEC members.
- We report to messengers at the SBC annual meeting each year.
- NAMB has a third party, confidential “whistleblower” reporting process.
- We provide an annual report to the Woman’s Missionary Union detailing how Annie Armstrong Easter Offering® funds are spent.
NAMB is accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and has received certification of complete compliance with the ECFA seven standards of responsible stewardship through periodic standards reviews.